Heidi Williamson is a poet, writing tutor and mentor. She studied poetry and prose at the UEA and regularly teaches for arts and literature organisations in the UK.
Her first collection ‘Electric Shadow’ (Bloodaxe, 2011) was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation and shortlisted for the Seamus Heaney Centre Prize for Poetry. Her second collection, ‘The Print Museum’ (Bloodaxe, 2016), won the EAW Book by the Cover Award and the 2016 East Anglian Book Award for Poetry. Her third collection ‘Return by Minor Road’ is published by Bloodaxe in June 2020.
She is a qualified Writing Coach and professional member (AMAC) of the Association for Coaching. She has over twenty years’ experience developing and delivering writing workshops for a wide range of large corporations and arts organisations. In 2008 and 2009 Heidi was writer-in-residence for the London Science Museum’s Dana Centre. From 2011-2014 she was writer-in-residence at the John Jarrold Printing Museum.
- San Diego virtual reading for Whale Road Review12 February 2021On Saturday 6th Feb the staff of Whale Road Review, […]
- Jennifer Wong reviews ‘Return by Minor Road’ for Ambit3 February 2021Poet Jennifer Wong reviewed ‘Return by Minor […]
- Joining Whale Road Review staff and reading27 January 2021I’m really excited to have joined the staff of […]
- Limited edition MONK arts journal23 January 2021This gorgeous limited edition print anthology from […]
- Interviewed by John Greening for the RLF podcast7 January 2021Poet, critic and teacher John Greening asks me about […]