Heidi Williamson is a poet, writing tutor and mentor. She studied poetry and prose at the UEA and regularly teaches for arts and literature organisations in the UK.
Her first collection ‘Electric Shadow’ (Bloodaxe, 2011) was a Poetry Book Society Recommendation and shortlisted for the Seamus Heaney Centre Prize for Poetry. Her second collection, ‘The Print Museum’ (Bloodaxe, 2016), won the EAW Book by the Cover Award and the 2016 East Anglian Book Award for Poetry. Her third collection ‘Return by Minor Road’ is published by Bloodaxe in June 2020.
She is a qualified Writing Coach and professional member (AMAC) of the Association for Coaching. She has over twenty years’ experience developing and delivering writing workshops for a wide range of large corporations and arts organisations. In 2008 and 2009 Heidi was writer-in-residence for the London Science Museum’s Dana Centre. From 2011-2014 she was writer-in-residence at the John Jarrold Printing Museum.
- Reading with Philip Gross at Cafe Writers on Zoom, 14th Sept 7.30pm4 September 2020I’m really looking forward to hearing the wonderful […]
- Review of Return by Minor Road on Write Out Loud2 September 2020I’m grateful to Write Out Loud for this […]
- Judging the 2020 Poetry Society Stanza Competition13 August 2020I’m excited to be judging the Poetry Society’s annual […]
- Today is Publication Day for Return by Minor Road25 June 2020Coming out of lockdown today – my book ‘Return by […]
- Film of me reading ‘Cormorant’10 June 2020The Cambridge Writing Retreat has been featuring […]